The Society for the Study of Christian Spirituality is an ecumenical, international, interdisciplinary community of scholars active in a wide range of academic communities as well as artists, pastors, practitioners, and those in the helping professions supporting diverse critical approaches to the study of spirituality. The scholarship of its members is shared at the annual meeting of the American Academy of Religion. Membership in the SSCS includes a subscription to the Society’s journal, Spiritus. Members can also have their conference papers and course syllabi made available on the web via this blog.
- Book: From Strength to Strength: Seven Timeless Virtues for Christian Discipleship, by Joseph LaBelle, OMI
- Article: Portraits of the “Shy Hope”: Engaging Youth Spiritualities in the Australian Context, by Phil Daughtry
- Review: Religion Around the World, by Stephanie Paulsell
- Essay: Quaker Mysticism and Virginia Woolf’s To the Lighthouse, by Emily Griesinger
- Article: Transforming Christian Spirituality: Hermeneutical Method and Methodology, by Annie Pan Yi Jung