The Society for the Study of Christian Spirituality is an ecumenical, international, interdisciplinary community of scholars active in a wide range of academic communities as well as artists, pastors, practitioners, and those in the helping professions supporting diverse critical approaches to the study of spirituality. The scholarship of its members is shared at the annual meeting of the American Academy of Religion. Membership in the SSCS includes a subscription to the Society’s journal, Spiritus. Members can also have their conference papers and course syllabi made available on the web via this blog.
- Syllabus: Contemporary Expressions in Spirituality
- Essay: Henri de Lubac (1896-1991) and Contemporary Mystical Theology, by Andrew Prevot
- Syllabus: History of Christian Spirituality
- Dissertation: Friendship with the Saints: A Practical Theological Reading of Teresa of Avila as a Spiritual Companion, by Tara Soughers
- Syllabus: Spirituality and Comedy