The Society for the Study of Christian Spirituality is an ecumenical, international, interdisciplinary community of scholars active in a wide range of academic communities as well as artists, pastors, practitioners, and those in the helping professions supporting diverse critical approaches to the study of spirituality. The scholarship of its members is shared at the annual meeting of the American Academy of Religion. Membership in the SSCS includes a subscription to the Society’s journal, Spiritus. Members can also have their conference papers and course syllabi made available on the web via this blog.
- Article: The Praxis of Spirituality: Experiencing God and Responding to that Relationship, by Janet K. Ruffing
- Article: Abbot Suger: A Trinitarian Space, by Dale M. Schlitt
- Article: The Ascetic Life of the Ultrarunner, by Miriam Díaz-Gilbert
- Essay: Apocalypses and Mystical Texts: Investigating Prolegomena and the State of Affairs, by Pieter G. R. de Villiers
- Article: Mimesis: The Substructure of Hermeneutical Methodology in Christian Spirituality, by David B. Perrin