The Society for the Study of Christian Spirituality is an ecumenical, international, interdisciplinary community of scholars active in a wide range of academic communities as well as artists, pastors, practitioners, and those in the helping professions supporting diverse critical approaches to the study of spirituality. The scholarship of its members is shared at the annual meeting of the American Academy of Religion. Membership in the SSCS includes a subscription to the Society’s journal, Spiritus. Members can also have their conference papers and course syllabi made available on the web via this blog.
- Book: The 20-Minute Retreat: 18 Sessions with the Saints to Nourish Your Faith Life, by David B. Perrin
- Book: Signposts to Silence. Metaphysical Mysticism: Theoretical Map and Historical Pilgrimages, by J.S. Krüger
- Essay: A Distinctively Christian Contemplation: A Comparison with Other Religions, by Glen G. Scorgie
- Essay: ’To Gaze on the Beauty of the Lord’: The Evangelical Resistance and Retrieval of Contemplation, by Tom Schwanda
- Essay: Paul Baynes and Richard Sibbes, by Tom Schwanda